Stayzia C.I.C. is a registered community interest company (Company Number: 13870480) under the laws of England and Wales. We are a not-for-profit enterprise, regulated by the Office of the Regulator of Community Interest Companies. This places a strict limit on our capacity to convert profit into dividends and ensures that the vast majority of the profit raised through our operations is allocated back towards our community objectives.
3. Any personal information that you are asked to provide through the platform (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number) will be used for the following purposes:
a. To enable you to create a profile with the information and data you need to include.
b. To verify your details, to ensure the accuracy and reliability of any services on the platform.
c. To enable us to contact you by email for any of the purposes set out in our Terms of Service.
d. To enable us, in situations which we deem to be an emergency or where we have genuine concerns for your welfare, to attempt to reach you.
4. If you contact us directly, we may require additional information about you or from you. For example, in the case of handling a disagreement on the platform in line with our Terms, we may request further evidence from you to support any claims or statements you might be making. We will inform you at the time of any reason for requiring any such information.
5. We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
a. Provide, operate, and maintain the platform;
b. Improve, personalise, and expand the platform or business;
c. Understand and analyse how you use or access the platform;
d. Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
e. Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with important updates or notifications relating to your use of the website (in line with our Terms of Service);
f. To detect or prevent fraud or misuse of the platform; and
g. For marketing or promotional purposes where you have agreed to receive these.
6. Stayzia follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files may log visitors when they visit or access our platform. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
7. We reserve the right to use the data referred to in Clause 6 in order to protect our platform or other Users on the platform, such as by blacklisting or suspending certain IP addresses. We will also fully cooperate in sharing any such data, including also personal information or any other content uploaded on to the platform, with any legal or police authorities.
8. Like most web platforms, Stayzia uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users' experience by customizing our platform content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information. You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options.
9. You are aware that Stayzia provides advertisements for accommodation Hosts as its main business, as well as contains links to third party service providers. Such Hosts or third parties will have their own policies relating to your privacy and we accept no responsibility, fault or involvement in any connection with their use of any data they obtain from you (either through the platform or from elsewhere). We therefore advise you to consult the privacy policies of any booking provider through the platform or of any third party service provider linked to through the site. Our use of third party service providers or our advertisement of Hosts on the platform is in no way an endorsement of their services or of their general reliability or security.
10. GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights through GDPR. These can be consulted for further information. Every user is entitled to the following:
a. The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
b. The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
c. The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
d. The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
e. The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
f. The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
g. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
11. Stayzia does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 15. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last Updated: 28th January 2022